In response to some requests we received from the community, the Maryland Organizing Committee of the Sixth Region Diaspora Caucus (SRDC) is holding its fourth Pan-Afrikan Town Hall on Saturday, October 14 from 3 pm to 6 pm at the historic Arch Social Club (2426 Pennsylvania Avenue, the intersection of Pennsylvania and North Avenues). This Town Hall will be in preparation for our National Summit in Nashville, Tennessee the following weekend. At the October 14 Town Hall, we plan to accomplish the following:
(1) a quick review and update, as needed, of the Pan-Afrikan Agenda that was developed and discussed at the June 24, August 12 and September 16 Town Hall Meetings;
(2) nomination of a Community Council of Elders for the Maryland Pan-Afrikan Community;
(3) nomination of candidates to run for Representatives of the Maryland Pan-Afrikan Community, who will take our Pan-Afrikan Agenda to national and, perhaps, international meetings;
(4) discuss the building of a Pan-Afrikan Cooperative Coalition to help create a climate of cooperation between the Pan-Afrikan organizations in Maryland; and
(5) discuss recent events and future plans for moving our work forward.
We hope to see you at the Maryland Pan-Afrikan Community Town Hall. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (443) 865-2723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.